Veterinary Instruments and Equipment, A Pocket Guide, 4th Edition
Becoming familiar with veterinary instruments and equipment is a vital part of the veterinary technology curriculum. To become a valuable member of the clinical team, it is crucial that students learn to recognize individual veterinary instruments, their main function, and their special characteristics.
The Veterinary Instruments and Equipment, A Pocket Guide, 4th Edition was developed to help students who may not have access to these instruments when they are ready to study. A firm grasp of how these instruments are used increases the useful life span of the instruments and prevents injuries from improper use.
This book was designed in a flash card format so that one can flip the book to separate the picture from the name and descriptions. This allows students to quiz themselves. This self-study tool features instruments and equipment used in all aspects of veterinary medicine. Get More: Pocket Handbook of Small Animal Medicine
The book is organized into two sections. Restraint, medical, and diagnostic instruments are covered in the first section. Surgical instruments are covered in the second section and are organized beginning with general surgical instruments and proceeding to specialized instruments for orthopedic and ophthalmic procedures.
The original list of instruments and equipment to be included was reviewed by veterinary technician educators from all parts of the United States and Canada, and many were added at their suggestion. If any have been missed, it is not for lack of trying, but let us know if you have ideas for others to include in the next edition.
- Accompanying Evolve site uses an interactive format giving you the ability to conveniently study and learn instruments to which you’d normally have only limited access
- Instruments and equipment shown for common procedures for small and large animals, including bovine, equine, sheep, pigs, and goats, and include procedures such as dehorning, hoof care, castration, and teat and obstetrical procedures.
- Coverage of surgical instruments includes general instruments such as hemostats, forceps, and scissors, and describes orthopedic, ophthalmic, and dental instruments used in veterinary specialty surgeries.
- Coverage of restraint equipment includes proper restraint techniques for all species of large and small animals.
- Handy pocket size and spiral binding allows the book to lay flat or fold over so that only the instrument or description is visible.
- Accompanying Evolve site uses an interactive format giving students the ability to conveniently study and learn instruments to which they normally have only limited access.
- 400 high-quality color photographs help you to quickly become familiar with instruments.
- A flip book, flashcard format makes it easy for you to learn veterinary instruments and equipment.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated photographs throughout ensures you are studying the most up-to-date instruments on the market.
- NEW! Topics throughout the text include:
- Spay (Ovariohysterectomy) Packs
- Neuter (Orchiectomy) Surgical Pack
- Neuter (Orchiectomy) Surgical Pack
- General Surgical Pack
- Orthopedic Surgical Pack
- Ophthalmic Surgical Instruments
- Dental Prophylaxis Kit
- Dental Periodontal Extraction Kit
Be sure to check out the Evolve site accompanying this edition, with its updated image collection, timed instrument quizzes, and the image library, with selected instruments that you can zoom in the website as well.
[expand title = “”]
|Book Name: Veterinary Instruments and Equipment, A Pocket Guide, 4th Edition|
|Buy Now : Amazon||Download Now : Click Here|
|Password : PDFLibrary.Net|