Veterinary Clinical Skills Manual
by Nichola Coombes, Ayona Silva-Fletcher
This book Veterinary Clinical Skills Manual is firstly a practical guide to veterinary clinical skills, how they are practised in a simulated environment and how they transfer into the ‘real’ clinical environment. Over many years we have developed the Skills Sheets we routinely use for teaching students. These are included in the book within the relevant chapters, but are cross-referenced to other chapters where they may be useful. In many cases you will also be able to access online relevant videos demonstrating the skill, or additional skills relevant to that chapter.
Down-to-earth and intensely practical, this book and video package provides step-by-step guidance on the essential clinical skills required by veterinary students before they face clinical situations encountered in the real world of the busy veterinary professional.
- Contains step by step illustrations and photographs, complemented by videos of clinical procedures which can be viewed on your desktop, smartphone or tablet.
- Covers the essential key skills that veterinary students need to know.
- Details a whole range of techniques, from surgical, anaesthesia and laboratory through to everyday essential and diagnostic skills, in both farm and companion animals.
- Describes in-depth the use of simulators in learning key skills.
- Provides advice on preparing for OSCEs and practical exams.
This book Veterinary Clinical Skills Manual is the go-to manual for an essential grounding in key veterinary clinical skills for all students and educators of veterinary medicine and animal husbandry.
Within each practical section there are two or more chapters. The chapter offers detailed guidance on how to perform a skill. This is done using skills sheets and videos to support your development. Some skills are fundamental ‘Day One’ skills, i.e. skills in which you would expect to be competent on the day you graduate from university.
There are also ‘Year One’ skills, i.e. skills you should have knowledge of and maybe have performed, but are not competent in as yet because you need more experience in the skill, or the ability to perform the skill in real clinical situations. Password: VCSM1E+PDFLibrary.Net
[expand title=” “]
|Get Hard Copy||PDF Download|