Two-Dimensional and M-Mode Echocardiography for the Small Animal Practitioner. With increasing affordability, ultrasound equipment has made its way into many private practices.
Two-Dimensional and M-Mode Echocardiography for the Small Animal Practitioner
Two-Dimensional and M-Mode Echocardiography for the Small Animal Practitioner provides a concise, accessible manual of basic two-dimensional and m-mode echocardiography.
- Offers fast access to practical advice on obtaining and evaluating echocardiograms using two-dimensional and m-mode techniques
- Provides easy reference to the common features of the most common acquired cardiac diseases
- Designed for ease of use, with concise, bulleted text and 165 images
- Presents updated generic and normalized reference ranges with a bibliography of breed specific reference articles
- Includes access to a website with video clips showing techniques and disease features
Whilst entire books and sections of large books are devoted to the study of cardiac ultrasound, this handbook is meant to be a starter resource and a quick handy reference for fundamental echocardiographic information, and is by no means a comprehensive resource on veterinary echocardiography.
The handbook starts with the controls on your machine, because presets do not always work well, moves on to discussing normal imaging planes and their subjective assessment, discusses how to obtain the imaging planes, then covers basic measurements of size and function, and finally reviews the typical features of common acquired heart disease. Videos of technique and features of disease are utilized to help you develop the skill necessary to perform the echocardiogram and aid in its interpretation. As with any skill set, it will require practice, patience and more in-depth reading to develop these techniques and assessments.
[expand title=” “]