Textbook of Respiratory Disease in Dogs and Cats, This outstanding book is the first and only reference dedicated to the diagnosis and management of respiratory tract diseases in dogs and cats.
Textbook of Respiratory Disease in Dogs and Cats
Coverage includes a wide range of respiratory disorders and valuable insights on diagnosis, pulmonary function testing, and management of disease. This resource is a «must-have» research and study tool for veterinary students, interns, and residents, as well as an essential clinical reference for practitioners specializing in the respiratory care and treatment of dogs and cats.
- The author is a recognized expert in respiratory medicine in small animals, joined by 60 of the top people in this field.
- Respiratory tract diagnostics is thoroughly covered, with descriptions of pathophysiology and state-of-the-art tools for diagnosis and management of respiratory tract disorders.
- A general discussion of the approach to problems in the field includes upper airway obstruction, panting, acute and chronic cough, nasal discharge, sneezing, and cyanosis in cats and dogs.
- Pulmonary function testing is discussed, including blood gas analysis, carbon dioxide monitoring, and pulse oximetry.
- Non-specific management of respiratory disease is covered, with information on pharmacology and fluid therapy.
- The final and largest section of the text details the specific disorders of the respiratory tract with a summary of diagnosis and treatment.