Textbook for the Veterinary Assistant
by Kara Burns, Lori Renda-Francis June 2014
Textbook for the Veterinary Assistant offers a comprehensive guide to the NAVTA-approved curriculum for veterinary assisting programs. Written by leaders in the profession and copublished with NAVTA, the book covers the complete list of NAVTA Veterinary Assistant Essential Skills. Specifically tailored to the needs of veterinary assistants and veterinary assistant students, the book uses an engaging writing style to provide a concise, user-friendly approach to the material.
With chapters on medical terminology, clinical skills, office procedures, client communication, and more, the book equips veterinary assistants with all the information they need to succeed. A companion Website offers interactive multiple-choice questions, figures from the book in PowerPoint, teaching activities, and a sample cover letter. Textbook for the Veterinary Assistant is a must-have resource for all veterinary assistant students and those studying for the Approved Veterinary Assistant certification exam and serves as a useful refresher for veterinary assistants in practice.
- Presents practical, step-by-step coverage of the NAVTA-approved curriculum for veterinary assistants
- Serves as a comprehensive review for the Veterinary Assistant certification exam
- Offers complete information using a highly accessible, condensed style and a colorful, easy-to-use layout
- Provides coverage of canine, feline, avian, reptile, and equine patients
- Published in association with the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA)
Textbook for the Veterinary Assistant is a well-organized book for veterinary assistants or anyone thinking about working in the veterinary profession. It provides basic comprehensive coverage of veterinary topics including medical technology, anatomy and physiology, radiology, pharmacology, handling and restraint, surgical nursing, and office procedures.
|PDF Size: 48 MB||Book Download Free|