Small Animal Medical Differential Diagnosis 2nd Edition Free PDF Download. When I was asked by Elsevier to create a second edition of Small Animal Differential Diagnosis: A Book of Lists, I envisioned an easy process of updating the lists of the first edition and adding some new material.
Small Animal Medical Differential Diagnosis 2nd Edition Free PDF Download
I couldn’t have been more wrong. The goal was to duplicate the format of the first edition: a quick, concise, and practical reference to differential diagnosis, etiology, laboratory values, and classification of clinical signs and medical disorders in dogs and cats. As I reviewed each list I was surprised to see how many needed to be revised. In fact, nearly all of the lists required additions, subtractions, or sometimes complete reorganization. A project like this one is a great illustration of how much the veterinary medical literature expands in a 6-year period.
Once again, this text will be a pocket-sized, rapid reference or an electronic application. Its greatest value will be to aid the clinician in making reliable on-the-scene decisions and to allow veterinary students and interns to more fully participate in clinical rounds with their instructors. It will also be used by the more seasoned practitioner to come up with those more esoteric differentials that we sometimes forget to include in our list of potential diagnoses.
The lists in this book have been compiled from comprehensive veterinary references published by Elsevier, especially:
• Ettinger and Feldman: Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, seventh edition and
• Nelson and Couto: Small Animal Internal Medicine, fourth edition.
• Henry and Higginbotham: Cancer Management in Small Animal Practice
• Beaver: Canine Behavior: Insights and Answers, second edition
• Landsberg: Handbook of Behavior Problems of the Dog and Cat, second edition
• Bonagura: Kirk’s Current Veterinary Therapy XIV
• Maggs et al: Slatter’s Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology, fifth edition
• Willard and Tvedten: Small Animal Clinical Diagnosis by Laboratory Methods, fifth edition
• Fossum: Small Animal Surgery, fourth edition
The reader is encouraged to consult these and other texts for more detailed information. Download Book Free