With hundreds of images, step-by-step procedures, and a practical clinical emphasis, Small Animal Internal Medicine, 6th Edition offers the foundation and tools you need to properly recognize, diagnose, and treat small animals with common internal conditions.
Small Animal Internal Medicine 6th Edition
Each section of the text takes a problem-oriented approach that begins with a discussion of clinical signs, diagnostic recommendations, and techniques; and then moves to therapeutic considerations and management. This edition also includes two all-new chapters (neonatology and the effects of specific heart diseases respectively) as well as extensive updates throughout covering new advancements, techniques, and evolving best practices in the field of small animal internal medicine. And with access to the new online Expert Consult, you will have the 360-degree support you need to solve virtually any internal medical challenge.
- Problem-oriented approach utilized in each section begins with a discussion of clinical signs, diagnostic recommendations, and techniques; and then moves to therapeutic considerations and management.
- Step-by-step procedures provide an easy-to-follow description of proper technique.
- Current drug and treatment tables ensure you are referencing the most up-to-date recommended dosages and indications.
- More than 900 full-color photographs and illustrations provide vivid depictions of specific disorders, diseases, and procedures.
- Color-coded summary tables and boxes make it quick and easy to look up clinical signs, etiology, differential diagnoses, treatment, and recommended drug dosages and indications.
- Expert authors and contributors are well-known for their clinical, academic, and research expertise.
- Practical algorithms promote decision-making skills based on clinical findings.
- Extensive cross-referencing makes it easy to locate related information.
- Suggested readings at the end of each chapter direct you on where to go for the latest research findings.
In the sixth edition of Small Animal Internal Medicine, we have retained our original goal of creating a practical text with a strong clinical slant that is useful for both practitioners and students. We have continued to limit authorship, with each author selected for her or his clinical expertise in their field, to ensure consistency within each section and allowing differences to be expressed when topics overlap between sections of the book; this illustrates that frequently different approaches get us to the same destination: a diagnosis.
We have continued to focus on the clinically relevant aspects of the most common problems in internal medicine, presenting information in a concise, understandable, and logical format. Extensive use of tables, algorithms, cross-referencing within and among sections and a comprehensive index help make Small Animal Internal Medicine a quick, easy-to-use reference textbook.
|PDF Size: 100 MB||Get Book Now|