Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs Small and Large Animal 4th Edition PDF. The fourth edition of this handbook was developed using a similar style, layout, and format as the previous edition to ease the transition for users of earlier versions.
Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs Small and Large Animal 4th Edition PDF
The book is designed for busy practitioners and students who want to make the most efficient use of their time and locate accurate and reliable drug information quickly. The format is consistent from drug to drug, and veterinarians and their staff will quickly become familiar with the layout of each drug monograph to rapidly locate concise and accurate information about each drug.
Additions, changes in individual drug monographs, and expanded sections were provided with input and helpful suggestions from veterinarians, drug sponsors, and students or because new information has become available in the published literature. New drugs that have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or for which there is new information about its use in the literature, have been added.
The drugs listed represent the most important medications used in companion animals and livestock. Practically every drug monograph has been updated, and more than 20 new drugs have been added. Some discontinued or outdated medications have been deleted, and readers can refer to previous editions of this book for information on those drugs.
- Concise drug monographs are organized alphabetically and cross-referenced by classification, trade, and generic name, providing quick and easy access to key information for each drug including:
- Generic and trade names, pronunciation, and functional classification
- Pharmacology and mechanism of action
- Indications and clinical uses
- Precautionary information — adverse reactions and side effects, contraindications and precautions, and drug interactions — all featured in colored boxes for at-a-glance retrieval
- Instructions for use
- Patient monitoring and laboratory tests
- Formulations available
- Stability and storage
- Dosage information for both small and large animals
- Regulatory information
Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs, 4th Edition includes entries for 550 drugs, with convenient appendices summarizing clinically relevant information at a glance. New to this edition are 25 new drug monographs and easy access to drug content on any mobile device. Written by clinical pharmacology expert Mark Papich, this handy reference includes a companion website containing more than 150 customizable handouts with special instructions for your clients. It helps you find the specific drug facts and dosage recommendations you need to treat small and large animals, right when you need them.
[expand title=” “]