Practical Canine Behaviour for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians
by Stephanie Hedges, Year 2014, FileType: PDF
There have been ground-breaking advances in our understanding of canine behavior in recent years. Traditional theories, based on the premise that a desire to be ‘pack leader’ drives all dog behavior, have made way for a new and fascinating insight into the subtleties and complexities of canine communication, social behavior, and emotional drives.
Keeping abreast of such developments is becoming increasingly essential for veterinary nurses and technicians, both to fulfill client expectations and to protect canine welfare. Yet current training worldwide typically offers little teaching in this area. Domestic Animal Behaviour and Welfare 5th Edition
In this book, Stephanie Hedges draws on more than 20 years as a practicing veterinary nurse and her specialist knowledge as a Certified Clinical Animal Behaviourist (CCAB) to provide a quick reference and practical canine behavior resource to meet the specific needs of the general practice nurse or technician.
• An introduction to the drives for management and modification of canine behavior
• New approaches to handling and interaction to improve safety, efficiency, and patient welfare
• Essential advice for puppy owners and key aspects of running safe in-house puppy socialization classes
• Guidance on how to manage the behavioral impact of illness and life changes and how to address fear of fireworks and visiting the practice
• Client factsheets and behavior assessment questionnaire
• Flow charts for when and where to refer dogs showing problem behavior
There are many texts and courses available to develop the knowledge of both Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses/Technicians hoping to specialize in behaviour, as I did. There are also books and courses aimed at enabling GP Veterinary Surgeons to address the medical aspects of behavioural issues before referral to a behaviour specialist. However, there is still little to address the needs to the GP VN/VT. This book aims to address this gap.
Direct Link For Paid Membership: –
|Book Name:||Practical Canine Behaviour for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians|
|File Size:||5 MB|
|Download Link:||Click Here|
|Password: (if Required)||PDFLibrary.Net|