Papich Handbook of Veterinary Drugs, 5th Edition
by Mark G. Papich, December 2020, File Type: PDF
Papich Handbook of Veterinary Drugs includes concise entries for more than 550 drugs, with appendices summarizing clinically relevant information at a glance. Nineteen new drug monographs are added to this edition, and over 100 drug monographs have been updated and revised.
An Expert Consult website contains more than 150 instructional handouts that may be customized and printed out for your clients. Written by clinical pharmacology expert Mark Papich, this handy reference makes it easy to find the drug data and dosage recommendations you need to treat small and large animals, right when you need it! Handbook of Veterinary Parasitology, Domestic Animals of North America
- Over 550 concise drug monographs are organized alphabetically and cross-referenced by classification, trade, and generic name, providing quick and easy access to key information for each drug including:
- Generic and trade names, pronunciation, and functional classification
- Pharmacology and mechanism of action
- Indications and clinical uses
- Precautionary information — adverse reactions and side effects, contraindications and precautions, and drug interactions — all featured in colored boxes for at-a-glance retrieval
- Instructions for use
- Patient monitoring and laboratory tests
- Formulations available
- Stability and storage
- Dosage information for both small and large animals
- Regulatory information
- Clinically relevant appendices help you determine appropriate therapeutic regimens and look up safety and legal considerations.
- NEW! 19 new drug monographs familiarize you with the latest drugs available for veterinary practice.
- UPDATED drug monographs include new information such as changes in doses, interactions, indications, adverse reactions, and contraindications.
- NEW! Expert Consult companion website replaces the former website and includes more than 150 customizable client information handouts for commonly prescribed drugs, including information on the prescribed drug and dosage, do’s and don’ts, and possible side effects.
- NEW! Removal of entries for drugs that have been taken off the market.
[expand title = “”]