Mosby’s Veterinary PDQ 3rd Edition by Margi Sirois August 2018, No veterinary technician should be without this pocket-sized reference!
Mosby’s Veterinary PDQ 3rd Edition
Ideal for the clinical setting, Mosby’s Veterinary PDQ, 2nd Edition provides quick access to hundreds of veterinary medicine facts, formulas, lab values, and procedures. Coverage includes key topics such as pharmacology, math, animal care, common diseases, diagnostic procedures, imaging techniques, parasite identification, urinalysis, blood tests, and other lab work. This full-color, practical guide makes it easy to find the information that is most useful in practice!
- Easy-to-read charts and tables provide quick access to key information that is commonly used but rarely memorized.
- Valuable formulas, conversions, and lab values make it easy to look up the data needed to deliver safe and effective veterinary care.
- Quick-access format is organized into 10 tabbed, color-coded sections, and makes it easy to find facts quickly.
- Full-color photos and line drawings illustrate procedures and tests, dental and surgical instruments, parasites, and urine and blood analysis.
- Compact size easily fits in the busy vet tech’s pocket.
- Spiral binding allows you to lay the book flat or keep it open to a page that is commonly referred to.
- Durable pages can endure the wear and tear of the clinical setting, and may be easily wiped clean.
- NEW step-by-step procedures include blood collection and injection techniques.
- NEW drug information covers the newest pharmacologic agents, ensuring you are up to date with uses, adverse side effects, and dosage forms.
- Coverage of NEW test kits describes the newest testing products available.
- Increased coverage of capnography and monitoring of patients under anesthesia provides information on these key topics.
- Added photos of cells and urine sediment show urinalysis and fecal examinations, which are both routinely performed.
As a vet tech student I find this travel size reference guide very helpful, there is lots of info and a good refresher on a lot of topics, would like some labeled anatomy photos but it’s jam packed with info and is a great value for the price.
I like that it easily fits in my scrub pocket or purse! I keep it handy with me at work to refer to for things every so often! Easy to use and find information. I use it when I’m training new hires to better explain certain things! great for newbie technicians and even some that have been at it a while. Contains tons of useful information.
Mosby’s Veterinary PDQ 3rd Edition is a great little book. I keep it in my scrub pocket at work in case I need a quick reference. It’s got a lot of great information in it and so far it all appears to be accurate. This could only get more perfect if there were a section of blank lined pages in the back for my own notes on things.