The first edition of the book Medical History and Physical Examination in Companion Animals has clearly filled a need. Following publication of the Dutch first edition in 1990, there have been five additional printings. Although the book was originally intended for Dutch-speaking regions, it soon became apparent that there was also an interest in other languages for this detailed description of the ‘tools’ of veterinarians for companion animals. This has resulted in the publication of translations in German, English, Spanish, and Japanese.
The medical history and physical examination are the most important cornerstones of clinical diagnosis. This is the only veterinary book devoted to a description of methods applicable to companion animals. The methods described are used in the veterinary schools of Utrecht (the Netherlands) and Ghent (Belgium), but their effectiveness and usefulness is recognized by many visiting staff members and students from other veterinary schools in Europe and North America.
Central to the book is the concept that the examination should be as efficient as possible. The descriptions of the examination are very detailed and enhanced with many high quality colour illustrations. The accompanying DVD includes video clips of a variety of examinations and forms (in PDF format) that can be used for determining the results when carrying out the medical history and physical examination in companion animals.
- first book devoted to medical history and clinical examination in companion animals
- system-based approach
- problem-oriented approach: short initial examination is used to define the problems presented by the owner
- uses same effective method of examination throughout
- separate chapter on Reptiles
- accompanying DVD with video clips and medical forms in PDF format to be used when carrying out medical history-taking and physical examination
- written by top-experts in the field
|PDF Size: 62 MB||Book Download Free|