Kirk’s Current Veterinary Therapy XV 1st Edition PDF. Written by today’s leading experts, Kirk’s Current Veterinary Therapy, Volume XV keeps you completely current with the latest in disease management for dogs and cats.
Kirk’s Current Veterinary Therapy XV PDF
This 15th volume of Current Veterinary Therapy continues the tradition of presenting practicing veterinarians and students with concise chapters focused on the treatment of medical disorders of dogs and cats.
This is the first volume to be published since the passing of Dr. Robert W. Kirk, who founded and edited new editions of this series for nearly three decades. Bob Kirk was a giant in the profession, a man with a remarkable impact on veterinary education and clinical practice. In introducing Current Veterinary Therapy XV, I believe it is appropriate to both remember Dr. Kirk and to consider his intent for creating this book.
Therefore this preface will be a bit more personal than usual, as I try to express my admiration for Dr. Kirk and the importance of this clinician-educator to our profession. To that end I will quote Dr. Donald F. Smith, Dean Emeritus of the College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell University, who has written about Bob’s legacy, and also will include some excerpts from the Preface of Dr. Kirk’s first edition of Current Veterinary Therapy (published as CVT 1964-1965 [i.e., before the Roman numerals were added]).
It uses a clear and practical approach to medical disorders; the typical chapter includes both a brief guide to diagnosis and a detailed discussion of therapy. Youll gain quick access to information such as critical care; infectious, toxicologic, and dermatologic disorders; and diseases of the gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, respiratory, urinary, reproductive, neurologic,and ophthalmologic systems. From editors John Bonagura and David Twedt plus hundreds of expert contributors, Kirk’s Current Veterinary Therapy enhances your skills in evidence-based treatment planning.
“For the practitioner who wants to keep abreast of current therapies for a wide range of topics, … CVT is the perfect reference .” Reviewed by: Ryan Ong, WAVES Veterinary Hospital on behalf of Australian Veterinary Hospital, March 2015
Key Features Kirk’s Current Veterinary Therapy XV 1st Edition PDF
- Authoritative, easy-to-read coverage includes a brief approach to diagnosis with detailed discussions of the latest therapies.
- An organ-system organization and a convenient index make it easy to find solutions for specific disorders.
- Treatment algorithms help you manage patients with difficult medical problems.
- A handy Table of Common Drugs, updated by Dr. Mark Papich, offers a quick reference to dosage information.
- 365 illustrations depict the pathophysiologic basis for therapy or show the management of a defined condition.
- A companion website includes valuable information still relevant from CVT XIV, an index, and drug formulary, all fully searchable; a collection of 300 images; references that link to PubMed; and clinical references on laboratory test procedures and interpretation, normal reference ranges, conversion tables, and more.
- Concise chapters are only 2-5 pages in length, saving you time in finding essential information.
- Expert contributors and editors provide scientific, up-to-date coverage of clinically useful topics, including broad, traditional, and controversial subjects.
- References indicate related material from earlier volumes of Kirk’s Current Veterinary Therapy.
[expand title=” “]
|PDF Size: 117 MB||Go Book Download|