Farm Animal Behaviour Characteristics for Assessment of Health and Welfare 2nd Edition
By Ingvar Ekesbo, Year 2018, File Type: PDF
Completely updated and revised, and with a new author team, this second edition of Farm Animal Behaviour continues to provide essential information on normal and stereotypic behaviors in a wide variety of farm animals to help in the assessment and diagnosis of their welfare.
– Comprehensive coverage of a range of farmed animals from horses, cattle, sheep, goats and pigs through to domesticated poultry, deer, ostrich and many other species
– Innate, learned and social behaviors described together with activity, vision and hearing builds a picture of normal behaviors presented in a clear and consistent way for each species
– Stereotypical behaviors, injuries and disease, resulting from improper management practices, outlined in detail
– Quality color illustrations and key information readily found for those in a busy clinical setting
– Contributions from key expert authors
Farm Animal Behaviour, second edition, provides a comprehensive yet concise background for all students, postgraduates and practitioners in veterinary medicine, animal science welfare and ethology. Exotic Pet Behavior – Birds, Reptiles, and Small Mammals PDF
The authors do an outstanding job of organizing a broad topic. Each chapter covers 1 species, and information regarding the behavioral characteristics of each species is presented in a consistent manner. Sensory, social, and innate and learned behaviors as well as behaviors associated with perceived danger or peril, active and resting states, mating and parturition, domestication, health, and welfare are discussed for each species. This allows readers to compare behaviors across species or to access specific information with ease.
This book will be beneficial as a textbook in farm animal behavior courses for veterinary or animal science students. This book will also be a valuable resource for veterinarians and animal scientists currently working with farm animals who wish to update their knowledge in this area as well as laypeople who are interested in the welfare of animals but have not received any formal animal behavior training.
[expand title = “”]
|Book Name:||Farm Animal Behaviour Characteristics for Assessment of Health and Welfare 2nd Edition|
|File Size:||17 MB|
|Download Link:||Click Here|
|Password: (if Required)||PDFLibrary.Net|