Essential Calculations for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians 3rd Edition
by Terry Lake, Nicola Green, Joy Howell, Margi Sirois, Year 2016, File Type: PDF
Learn to easily master the types of veterinary nursing calculations you will face on the job with Essential Calculations for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians, 3rd Edition. From basic arithmetic to dilutions and statistics, this useful text covers all aspects of calculations as applied to veterinary nursing. Readers will benefit from the text’s common sense approach to clinical situations, and complete the book knowing how to use calculations to determine dosage rates, anesthetic flow rates, radiography exposure rates, parenteral nutrition, and more.
User-friendly features include simple language, detailed explanations, ample examples, and special author guidance so that content is easy to follow and understand. Plus, the text’s abundance of learning features ― such as self-assessment questions, clinical hints, and tips ― help clarify important concepts and ensure that you have mastered everything you need to make calculations in the day-to-day clinical environment.
- Self-test sections with clinical hints and tips ensure retention of core concepts.
- Mathematical explanations using veterinary terms presents all principles in a manner that directly pertains to the veterinary field.
- Comprehensive content covers everything from basic arithmetic to dilutions and statistics so users have everything needed to succeed in calculations for veterinary nursing and technology.
- Dimensional analysis bridge method removes the necessity of memorizing formulae and takes advantage of simplifying equations so that calculators are often unnecessary.
- NEW! Reviewed and updated drugs throughout the book provide dosage calculations that coincide with drugs currently used in the field for the most clinical relevance.
- NEW! Additional math problems housed on the Evolve companion website offer substantial additional practice.
The mathematical tasks encountered are also very diverse, from calculating an amount of medication to give a cat to devising a quality-control chart for a piece of diagnostic equipment. These tasks are often the responsibility of the veterinary nurse and cannot be taken lightly as an error in one decimal place can mean life or death for the patient. Download More: Dosage Calculations for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians PDF
Although determining dosages can often come from consulting charts, understanding how these dosages are determined is very helpful in reinforcing other principles in physiology, pathology and case management. In some situations, you will need to create a dosage chart for your practice and hopefully this book will provide you with all the tools required.
This book relies heavily on dimensional analysis, a method of converting units from one form to another by using conversion factors as ‘bridges’. You may recall this method in chemistry courses. It eliminates the necessity of memorizing formulae and takes advantage of simplifying equations so that calculators are often unnecessary. Not everyone takes to this technique, however, so other methods, such as ratio and proportion, are also described.
[expand title = “”]
|Book Name: Essential Calculations for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians 3rd Edition|
|Buy Now : Amazon||Download Now : Click Here|
|Password : PDFLibrary.Net|