Dairy Animal Production 1st Edition
By Biswajit Roy, Sudipta Ghosh, Published June 2015, FileType: PDF
Dairy animal production in the last few decades witnessed tremendous growth throughout the world. The remarkable success of the dairy animal production can be attributed to the constant efforts of researcher, planner as well as producer. At present dairy farming is becoming a commercial activity. Hi-tech dairy farms produce high quality milk for making value added milk products for competitive markets around the world. The management of the dairy farming enterprises is crucial for the sustainability and profitability of it. The effective management of dairy animals essentially emphasizes the following areas:
- Improving genetic potential of the cows
- Providing optimum environment to the animals to express their full genetic potential though the strategic application of housing, breeding, feeding, culling and preventive health care.
The sound management practices of dairy husbandry are integrated along with modern technologies for mechanization and automation in dairy farming. These farms can also be a place of research, development and extension activities. The Veterinary Laboratory and Field Manual, 3rd Edition
The objectives of this unit are to :
- Know the importance of dairy farming
- Know the world dairy scenario
- Understand the milk and milk products
- Understand the life cycle of a cow
Dairy Cattle Feeding and Nutrition was designed to provide information needed by those interested in the feeding and nutrition of dairy cattle. It contains basic information for students in courses on feeds and feeding, dairy cattle production, and animal nutrition.
|Book Name:||Dairy Animal Production 1st Edition|
|File Size:||9 MB|
|Download Link:||Click Here|
|Password:||PDFLibrary.Net (if Required)|