Cow Pox viral disease of dairy animals
It is caused by Orthopox virus having a place with family Poxviridae. Orhtopox infections are antigenically comparable.
Occurrence and Transmission of Cow Pox:
Spread of this infection from animal to animal is by direct or indirect contact: milker’s hands or contaminated teat cups. Correspondingly contamination ventures out starting with one herd then onto the next via carriers or infected animals. It is likewise transmitted by ticks, flies, and bugs. It originates from one herd to other by milkers.
Clinical Findings of Cow Pox:
- Serious itching.
- Pain in scab stage
- Injuries are specific on nipple exceptionally near the opening. These lesions vanish following two weeks typically however on nipple might be up to 1 month or more because of milking. So wounds on nipples take a long time to heal.
- Suckling calves may lesions have in oral cavity and mouth.
- In bulls, lesions may display on the scrotum.
- Milk production down
- Bluntness and depression
Diagnosis of Cow Pox:
It depends on the clinical picture. At whatever point arrangement of the scar, central depression in the lesion. Star covering appearance of the scar on the skin of cattle.
Treatment of Cow Pox:
As it is a viral disease, there is no particular treatment. Palliative and steady treatment ought to be attempted along the accompanying lines:
- Prompt segregation of influenced and obviously unaffected creatures
- Washing of influenced body areas with 0.5% solution of an iodophor took after by nearby utilization of 5% salicylic corrosive glycerine glue for 5-7 days.
- administration of long-acting oxytetracycline
Control of Cow Pox:
- Utilization of contaminated clothes ought to stay away.
- Milker hand ought to be washed before each milking.
- Milk the affected animals at the end.