Immerse yourself in every aspect of the veterinary technology field with Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians, 9th Edition, covering small and large animals, birds, reptiles, and small mammals.
Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians 9th Edition
With a new zoonoses theme threaded throughout each chapter, this comprehensive text describes how each disease affects the host, how it is spread, and how it is treated. Case presentations provide you with relevant, real-life scenarios so you can practice your critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Introduction to the concept of the Technician Practice Model ensures that excellent nursing care is provided to each patient.
- Content on fluid therapy and transfusion medicine keeps you current and prepared for success in practice.
- Thorough coverage of electrocardiography included in the Emergency Nursing chapter to teach you how to interpret, and how to examine and differentiate, normal from abnormal and dangerous from non-dangerous.
- Case presentations provide you with real-life scenarios so you can practice your critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Large animal care is integrated throughout the book with medical records, dentistry, physical examination, surgical instrumentation, surgical assistance, emergency care, and euthanasia, in addition to the individual Large Animal Medical Narsing chapter, to prepare you to care for large animals.
- A chapter dedicated to birds, reptiles, and small mammals keeps you up-to-date with care and treatment for these increasingly popular pets.
- Comprehensive chapters on pharmacology, pain management, restraint, and veterinary oncology offer a broader understanding of the responsibilities of a technician.
- Vet Tech Threads design emphasizes important study points and ensures you understand the content introduced to you.
- Step-by-step instructions and photographs show you how to perform dozens of procedures, and make information readily accessible in emergency and clinical situations.
- Evolve site with TEACH instructor resources, an image collection, and a test bank accompanies the text, and provides instructors with everything they need to successfully teach each chapter and evaluate students’ progress.
- NEW! Chapter on Veterinary Oncology contains fundamental information on veterinary cancers and current therapies.
- NEW! Toxicology chapter provides an overview of toxic substances and treatments while helping you understand how to recognize, assess, and manage poison concerns.
- NEW! The theme of zoonotics is threaded throughout each chapter and emphasized appropriately to increase your understanding of how each disease affects the host, how it is spread, how it is treated, and the necessary safety precautions.
- NEW! A 2017 winner of the William Holmes McGuffey Longevity Award (“McGuffey”) from the Text and Academic Authors Association (TAA). The “McGuffey” recognizes textbooks and learning materials whose excellence has been demonstrated over time.
[expand title=” “]
|Get Hard Copy (Buy Used or New)||Download eBook|