The multicolored edition of the textbook of Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Evolution and Ecology is the outcome of sincere and combined efforts of the authors and editors and young but talented persons of DTP of S.Chand & Company Ltd.
Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Evolution and Ecology
A very good book for the undergraduates. Good book to prepare for the cell biology, Genetics, Evolution and Ecology portion of the UPSC CSE Botany optional along with preparation of IIT JAM and other National level entrance exams. Diagrams are well defined and this multicolored edition just takes you with itself.
Their main motive remained to provide relevant colored photographs explaining various intricate biological topics. Multicolored figures and photographs of this edition would help our target readers to understand and fully appreciate the very gist of the subject matter. Authors and editors have remained quite choosy and vigilant regarding relevance and authenticity of each and every illustration/picture finding its place in this textbook.
The revised edition of this bestselling textbook provides latest and detailed account of vital topics in biology, namely, Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Evolution and Ecology. The treatment is very exhaustive as the book devotes exclusive parts to each topic, yet in a simple, lucid and concise manner. Simplified and well labelled diagrams and pictures make the subject interesting and easy to understand. It is developed for students of B.Sc. Pass and Honours courses, primarily. However, it is equally useful for students of M.Sc. Zoology, Botany and Biosciences. Aspirants of medical entrance and civil services examinations would also find the book extremely useful.
Key Features :
• Discussion on new topics such as Genetic Engineering (Biotechnology) and Immunology added
• Over 700+ figures and images for effective understanding of the concepts
• Over 600+ revision questions to help students evaluate their knowledge
Table of Content :
• Introduction • Techniques in Cell Biology • Cell • Cytoplasmic Matrix (Chemical Organization of the Cell) • Plasma Membrane and Cell Wall • Endoplasmic Reticulum (ER) • Golgi Apparatus • Lysosomes • Microbodies: Peroxisomes and Glyoxysomes • Mitochondria • Plastids (Chloroplasts, Photosynthesis and Vacuoles) • Nucleus • Chromosomes • Ribosomes • Cytoskeleton: Microtubules, Microfilaments and Intermediate Filaments • Centrioles and Basal Bodies • Cilia and Flagella • Cell Growth and Cell Division (Cell Cycle, Mitosis and Meiosis) • Reproduction • Gametogenesis • Fertilization • Parthenogenesis • Growth
• Introduction • Genetical Terminology • Mendel and His Work • Genetic Interaction and Lethal Genes • Quantitative Genetics (Inheritance of Multiple Genes) • Inbreeding, Outbreeding and Hybrid Vigour • Linkage • Crossing Over • Genetic and Cytological Mapping of Chromosomes • Multiple Alleles • Fine Structure of Gene • Sex-linked Inheritance • Determination of Sex and Sex Differentiation • Chromosomal Mutation-I (Cytogenetics: Changes in Structure of Chromosome) • Chromosomal Mutation-II (Cytogenetics: Changes in Chromosome Number) • Gene Mutation • Cytoplasmic or Extra-Nuclear Inheritance • Human Genetics • Eugenics, Euphenics and Genetic Engineering • Transposable Genetic Elements (Jumping or Mobile Genes)
• Introduction • Identification of the Genetic Materials • Chemical Nature of Genetic Materials (i.e., DNA and RNA) • Replication of DNA • Non-genetic Ribonucleic Acid (RNA and Transcription) • Genetic Code • Protein Synthesis • Regulation of Gene Action • Genetic Engineering (Isolation, Sequencing, Synthesis of Gene and DNA Fingerprinting) • Immunology • Genetic Recombination and Gene Transfer (Bacterial Conjugation, Transformation, Transduction, Episomes and Plasmids)
• Introduction • Development of the Idea of Organic Evolution • Direct Evidences of Evolution: Fossils • Indirect Evidences of Evolution • Theories of Organic Evolution (Lamarckism, Darwinism, Modern Synthetic Theory, Germplasm Theory and Mutation Theory) • Selection in Action (Examples and Types of Natural Selection) • Population Genetics and Evolution • Evolution above Species Level (Adaptation, Adaptive Radiation, Microevolution, Macroevolution, Megaevolution, Punctuated Equilibria and Related Phenomena) • Isolation • Speciation • Barriers • Origin of Life
• Introduction • Ecology in India • Environment • Abiotic Environmental Factors • Biotic Environmental Factors • Population (Population Ecology) • Biotic Communities (Community Ecology: Communities, Niche and Bio Indicators) • Ecological Succession • Ecosystem: Structure and Function • Biogeochemical Cycles • Aquatic Ecosystems: Freshwater Communities • Aquatic Ecosystems: Estuaries and Marine Communities • Terrestrial Ecosystems • Pollution (Environmental Pollutants and Toxicology) • Ecology and Human Welfare (Natural Resource Ecology: Natural Resources, Conservation and Management) • Wild Life Management • Biogeography (Distribution of Animals and Plants) • Adaptations (Aquatic Adaptations, Volant Adaptations and Desert Adaptations) • Indices
[expand title=” “]
|PDF Size: 26 MB||Book Download Free|