Analgesia and Anesthesia for the Ill or Injured Dog and Cat PDF. All injured, and many ill, patients are in pain, but deciding on how painful the patient is, and the best pain management strategy for many, can be challenging.
Analgesia and Anesthesia for the Ill or Injured Dog and Cat PDF
Preface Analgesia and Anesthesia for the Ill or Injured Dog and Cat
Analgesia and Anesthesia for the Ill or Injured Dog and Cat provides a comprehensive guide to anesthesia and pain management protocols, specifically tailored to ill or critically injured dogs and cats.
- Provides fast access to anesthesia and pain management protocols specifically tailored to ill or critically injured dogs and cats
- Takes a case-based structure to make it easy to find and apply relevant information
- Presents step-by-step clinical procedures and techniques
- Supplies concise, relevant background information for all drugs recommended in the protocols, highlighting recommendations and cautions for specific patient conditions
- Includes detailed information for geriatric, pregnant, nursing, and pediatric patients and those with cardiac, liver or kidney pathology
General considerations for pain management upon presentation are detailed and, as many patients will require anesthesia to manage their problem or to facilitate further diagnostics, basic information gathering is also outlined. Selecting an appropriate, safe analgesic and anesthetic regimen can be difficult, compounded by the anatomical location involved and associated co-morbidities.
This book addresses these concerns, detailing pharmacologic and physiologic mechanisms applicable to groups (pregnant, nursing, pediatric, geriatric) and etiologies of pain. In addition to a step‐by‐step approach through various scenarios based on anatomical location of illness or injury, the veterinary technician/nurse’s role in managing these patients, and the methods of analgesic delivery, are detailed.
|Get Hard Copy (Buy Used or New)||Download eBook Link 1, Link 2|