Veterinary dermatology has had an exponential growth in information since publication of the first edition of A Color Handbook of Skin Diseases of the Dog and Cat in 1998.
A Color Handbook of Skin Diseases of the Dog and Cat
This has necessitated a complete revision of all the chapters and the inclusion of twenty-one new diseases. In addition, one hundred and thirty-one new illustrations of dermatologic diseases have been added. The authors have tried to provide the relevant information concerning the diagnosis and treatment of dermatologic diseases in such a format that it is easily accessible by the busy practitioner.
Following the success and critical acclaim for the first edition, the second edition of Skin Diseases of the Dog and Cat preserves the strengths of the book:
- Problem-oriented approach; the book is arranged in twelve chapters covering dermatoses classified by their principle presenting sign
- Concise systematically structured text; definition, aetiology and pathogenesis, clinical features, differential diagnoses, diagnostic tests, management
- Focus is on clinical practice and the need to explain the disease to the owner
- Superb and generously sized colour photographs and diagrams
- Clear user-friendly design – one condition per page or spread of pages
- Referenced throughout to give the clinician access to the literature
Within the framework and in light of the exponential growth of information in small animal dermatology since first publication, the authors have revised the entire text for the new second edition, added 21 new sections and 131 new colour photos. The result is a handbook that is practical, extensive and up-to-date in its content, beautifully illustrated and designed. The new second edition is of value to veterinary practitioners and students, veterinary nurses, and technicians.
[expand title=” “]